Poster Contest – Global Youth Service Day
CFVC is proud to announce our Global Youth Service Day/Earth Day poster contest to promote the importance of youth taking part in making this a healthy world. The contest is designed to raise environmental awareness among students by giving them an opportunity to design a poster explaining what they think Earth Day is all about.
• The poster contest is open to all K-8th grade students in the United States.
• Posters should display originality and vision as well as an obvious concern for the ecological future of our communities and state
• Posters can be any dimension.
• Posters can be in color or black and white.
• Artwork can be generated by hand or on the computer – and must be designed by the participant.
• The competition will be divided into two age groups: kindergarten through 4th grade, and 5th grade through 8th grade.
To enter your poster into the competition, please scan or take a photo of your poster and email it to [email protected]. Or, you can snail-mail it to:
Cape Fear Volunteer Center
214 Walnut Street
Wilmington, NC 28401
Please put “GYSD/ Earth Day Poster Contest Entry” in the email subject line. In the body of the email or letter, please include your name, age, grade, school and a phone number where we can reach you.
All eligible submissions must be received by April 22, 2014.
Recognition and Prizes:
Winners will be announced during Earth Month 2014.
The winner will receive $100.
All participants will receive a thank you letter and have their posters displayed on CFVC’s website.